• Reach for your wildest star and live a significant life!

    Today

    Wednesday 3 May 2017

    Work Place Ethics #2 Effective Time Management


    In my first formal employment, I came face to face with the reality of time management. I had all the time and resources that I needed to get my job done but no one to push me around. At first it was exciting and liberating but soon I was working on one deadline after another because I would remember at the last minute to finish up my tasks.

    As an employer, I know the importance of managing time in the work place. It bothers me when an employee spends company time attending to personal business because I feel ripped off. I guess it is the same for any other business owner whether it is verbalized or not. Work place time to vital to business growth.

    Time Management refers to assigning specific time slots to activities as per their importance and urgency in order to make the best possible use of time. In a layman’s language Time Management is nothing but to manage time well and doing things when they actually need to be done.

    Every organization works on deadlines. An individual constantly needs to be on his toes to finish off assignments within stipulated time frame. It is essential for employees to understand the value of time for them to do well and make a mark of their own at the workplace.

    Time Management plays a critical part in the workplace. It can have a big importance on whether you will be successful or not and this applies to whatever industry you are in. Time Management allow you to effectively manage your time and know how to make the most of it. The importance of Time Management cannot be overestimated.

    Whatever your reasons for doing what you do, better time management at work means you continually strive to improve your effectiveness (what you do) and your efficiency (how you do it), both of which are important to how you manage your career.

    The internet is full of articles and different time management models that you can explore to improve your time management. I personally use to do lists, daily planners, task lists and reminders on phone as well as desk top. I take time to evaluate myself at the end of each day and that keeps me on track. If need be, I work extra time over the weekend to clear pending tasks so they don’t get into the next week.


    People who master time management, tend to mater their success as well.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel