• Reach for your wildest star and live a significant life!

    Today

    Monday 14 December 2015

    One Day At A Time

    When this year started, I had no idea how things would turn out and yet I opened myself up to all the possibilities. This year has been tough and trying yet there in I have experienced some of the greatest victories of my life. I have climbed my highest life mountains so far and had the privilege to surmount sea depth valleys. There have been moments when everything in me wanted to give up on life itself. If it was in my power, I would have brought myself to an end.

    Some days you wake up and you just don’t feel like giving life another try. Everything that you held dear seems to have been swept away in one flash of an event. The philosophies and theories by which you lived seem not to add up at all and yet you see your unfulfilled purpose on the other side of the spectrum of life. There is a way life can take sudden twists and turns that totally throw you off balance.

    At the start of this year, I had big dreams and aspirations to accomplish. I was hopeful that this would be one of the best years of my life. I hoped and prayed that all that was not working right would be fixed at the clock and turn of the New Year. Well my magic stick didn’t work the magic I had wanted and instead the storms grew bigger while the valleys became deeper. The thunder grew louder and my frail body soon gave way to the pressure and stress that came with trying to hold my post.

    Mid this year, I woke up with a faint feeling and knew that I was on the bridge of a breakdown or rebirth; it all had to do with the choice I would make. If I had continued in the same mood and state, I would probably not have made it this far or probably would be history but I chose life and decided that I would take one day at a time hence forth. This is one of the best choices I have made so far and I am grateful I made that choice when I did.

    “One day at a time” has become the rhythm of my life and the tune by which I choreograph my life. Each day comes with its own blessings and challenges. The resolve to live one more day at a time will take you further than you power and strength will. I have read about stories of people who survived the worst life threatening situations because they resolved to live one more day at a time. So I embraced this beat and I began to dance to it and with each step my body grew stronger and stronger. I look back at this year in awe and amazement, more importantly with gratitude.

    What started as a fair year is ending as a milestone in my life. It is the rocks that make our hands stronger and the longest distances that strengthen our legs. We can only lead people where we have been and that experience is best understood through first hand exposure. I am alive today because God has preserved me for a time as this. I have a purpose and a destiny to fulfill. The same applies to every person that is reading this article. The reason you have read this far is because I am speaking to your heart.

    A friend told me; “whatever happens, don’t stop moving” and that is what I want to say to you. Whatever might be happening in your life, keep pressing on and pushing forward. One step at a time and soon you will be closer to the finishing line. The challenge is not what happens to you but rather how you choose to respond. Make the decision to take one more day at a time and be certain that this a phase and it will pass. 

    You are still alive for a purpose and a reason so don’t give up on life or living. One day at a time is all it will take for you to reach your destiny.


    Noeline Kirabo

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel